Rules of the Millpond 2018
Anyone caught breaking the rules of the club will have their card punched. If a card gets punched twice then the member will be asked to appear before the committee. If the committee decision is that the severity of any offence requires expulsion from the society, no refund will be made.
New Rule: All members are required to be in possession of a carp / fish care kit when fishing at the Millpond for use as required. Landing mats need to be large and substantial to prevent fish being damaged. See bailiff for advice.
1. Any member fishing must carry a current ID Photo Permit and Environment Licence and be prepared to show them on request. Permits are not transferrable.
2. Any non fishing member must carry a current ID Photo Permit and be prepared to show it on request.
3. Any member bringing a fishing guest must have obtained a £10.00 Guest Ticket in advance either from the Fisherman’s Cabin or by arrangement with the bailiff or a further £10.00 will be charged or you will be required to leave the venue and risk getting the members card punched. Any guest must carry a valid EA Licence and be prepared to show both ticket and Licence on request. Members must accompany, and are responsible for the behaviour of, their guest at all times.
4. Non fishing guests are not permitted on the venue.
5. Juniors (under 16) must be accompanied by a responsible adult member at all times.
6. Bins are provided, anyone found discarding litter or lines will have their card punched.
7. Open Fires, Glass Bottles, Tin Cans and Dogs are not permitted on the fishery other than during an official function or work party.
8. Other than when entering or leaving the venue the roadside gate must be kept locked at all times.
10. Baited lines must never be left unattended.
11. No fish to be removed from the fishery.
12. Keepnets are only allowed in official Club Matches
13. All members are required to have an adequately sized fishing mat with sides or a cradle for advice see bailiff.
14. Barbless hooks only, Max hook size 8.
15. No fixed rigs, only free running leads allowed. click to view rigs that are allowed.
16. Max breaking strain of line is 15lb.
17. Lead core and braided main lines are banned, but braided hook length maximum 12” length is permitted.
Night fishing is allowed by arrangement. Anyone intending to night fish must first book in with the Bailiff Richard Gibbons on:07746590366
19. A maximum of four bivvys at any one time will be allocated from the designated bivvy areas to enable other anglers access. Designated bivvy areas are:- Peg 3 Small Bivvy Area, Peg 5 Standard area, Peg 6 /7 Double Bivvy Area, Peg 8 Standard Area and Peg 21 Standard Bivvy Area. Only designated bivvy areas to be used in order to protect the environment.
20. No peg may be occupied for longer than 24hours (16.00 hrs to 16.00hrs) without the bailiffs consent.
21. Any cooking equipment used must be gas only.
22. Members must not enter the water to retrieve any equipment, please inform the bailiff of any loss.
23. If anyone has the need to defecate please provide your own bucket and bag and take your own home, otherwise anyone found defecating within the perimeters will be expelled from the club.
24. If a member catches a specimen carp and wishes that fish to be considered for the West Middlesex Trophy, that fish may only be kept in a carp sack or keepnet for up to 2 hours to enable it to be weighed and witnessed by an AEC AS Officer.
25. On match days the Mill Pond will be closed from 9 pm the night before,Once a match is underway, if space is available, places may be offered to non competitors (for pleasure fishing).
26. During any match the lake will be closed to non competitors until after the weigh in is completed.
27. Where possible seven days notice will be given, posted on the noticeboard inside the gate and on the Web Site, should the Mill Pond have to be closed for a Match that is not listed on the fixture card or for an unscheduled work party.
28. There will be no access to pleasure anglers whilst any work party is in progress.
29. All members are required to be in possession of a carp / fish care kit when fishing at the Millpond for use as required. Please check the website for up to date news.
30. Abusive behavior towards any member or club official will not be tolerated.
31. Any child on site must be accompanied on a 1 to 1 ratio at all times, The child must fish the same peg as the accompanying adult, with a maximum of 2 rods in the peg.
32. Night fishing for junior members is restricted to a minimum of 12 years of age (accompanied)
33.Day time fishing restricted to a minimum age of 6 years old (accompanied)
3. Night fishing – New members are unable to night fish for the first 3 months of thier membership.
A polite reminder that non fishing guests are not permitted on the lake at any time and members should be in possession of their membership card at all times. If you require assistance and need an accompaning adult please speak to Walter Hendry.
Any person found on site without a membership card will be asked to leave immediately.
Members are not permitted to pass out the gate code to guests at any time.